Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Devonport Whole Foods

Here's one for any of my New Zealand readers.

I'm currently living in Auckland and I'm always on the look out for new options when it comes to working towards my sustainable lifestyle. And recently I heard about a place called Devonport Whole Foods. Not surprisingly this little store is situated in Devonport and really is everything you'd want in a local eco-friendly store.


Along with being a coffee shop they provide a number of organic and whole food options for purchase. I originally stumbled across them because I was looking for more information about my eco-friendly house products I had been buying (dishwashing liquid, laundry powder etc) and I found this store provides refills. Bonus! So not only can I now ensure that I are using plant based products but I can also re-use my recyclable packaging. What a great find.


Now for me this store isn't quite local so I know I will have to limit my visits to around monthly to reduce travel times. But I decided to check it out this weekend to see what kinds of things I could get there. And I wasn't disappointed.

They have an array of household products available for refills including dishwashing powder, laundry liquid, fabric softener, shampoo and conditioner. Currently all of these are from the eco store range and you check out a video here of the eco store company interviewing the owner of Devonport Whole Foods.


But that's not all they have. Here is just a small sample of some of the other items you can get refills for:
  • Red wine vinegar
  • Sesame oil
  • Soy sauce
  • Olive oil
  • Curry powder
  • Spices
  • Black Pepper / Salt
And that's just the ones I made note of!

While I was there I was in the need for laundry powder but unfortunately they were out at the time, so if you are traveling from outside of the suburb it can be worth giving them a quick call before hand if you are needing something in particular just to make sure they have it in stock on that day. But otherwise why not just go for a cup of coffee?

It's a really friendly atmosphere and they are more than happy to help with any of your questions. I really couldn't recommend this place enough. 

If you want to go and check them out they're open during the week and on Saturdays from 9am - 1pm. 

Address: 63c Lake Road, Devonport, Auckland
Phone: (09) 445 9598

No comments:

Post a Comment